Friends of Parc Cefn Onn is a voluntary group whose purpose is to help take care of the lovely natural and historic Cardiff resource that is Parc Cefn Onn Country Park. The Friends Group’s ambitions for Parc Cefn Onn can only be achieved through the power and varied expertise of a strong membership that reflects the commitment and support of local residents. At the moment, we are involved in the following:
- Applying for grants to undertake various projects
- Hands on work in the Park on our Workdays programme
- Assisting Cardiff Council Parks Department in developing the Park Management Plan
- Promoting the group at our stall at fêtes etc
- Delivering leaflets around the North Cardiff area
- Compiling a record of the rare plants and trees in the Park – including labelling some
- Recording animal sightings in the Park
- Developing information boards
- Translating our literature into Welsh
- Coming up with ideas to improve the Park
The group is managed on a day-to-day basis by a committee elected by the members. You can see a copy of the Friends of Parc Cefn Onn constitution here.
How can you help?
The first and most important thing that you can do is to become a member of the Group. Not only does this help out financially (nominal membership fees and volunteer time are usually matched by grant funding), but it also demonstrates the level of support for the Group in the local community. You can join online by accessing the membership form using the subscribe button on the right. Alternatively, please contact us using one of the methods described on our contact page.
If you would like to help in one of the other ways listed above, or even in a new way we haven’t thought of yet, please go to our contact page and get in touch to let us know what you would like to do.